FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stabilization Failed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Purcell
Stabilization Failed
on Mar 10, 2016 at 12:15:59 pm

Ok so my boss did this humongous timelapse (over 66000 photos), stitched together into a Apple ProRes 422 HQ and asked me to try and stabilize it. This file is over 36 GB and is over 10 min long. That's just some background information.

I brought the file into after effects and applied warp stabilizer. It took pretty much 8 hours to analyze the whole thing. When it was done I had my settings on No motion, and for the method I used Subspace Warp. Unfortunately no luck I ended up with this big red banner saying stabilization failed.

Does anyone know what caused this or how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Stabilization Failed
on Mar 10, 2016 at 12:34:14 pm

Try working in smaller chunks. Break the segments in spots that have little or no difference between frames.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Brian Purcell
on Mar 10, 2016 at 1:08:54 pm

Is there a way to have After Effects Segment the part I want stabilized or will I need to physically cut the clip into chunks

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 10, 2016 at 1:33:15 pm

Just split the layer where you need.

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Mar 10, 2016 at 2:10:24 pm

Yea, I was gonna say the same thing, and man that is a huge file! Other than that, I'm not sure what else advice to give you.......good luck, however.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 10, 2016 at 5:04:54 pm

You'll have to physically segment the big, huge clip and make separate clips. Because Warp Stabilizer data is stored in the project file, you may want to consider separate project files.... they'll get huge.

Personally, I wouldn't try to stabilize a clip longer than 2 minutes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brian Purcell
on Mar 10, 2016 at 8:36:36 pm

I guess what I'm asking is I can still keep the analysis data, and split the clip, and not wait another 8 hours for this thing to analyze?

So within the current project I should be able to just split the clip on the current timeline and just stabilize those little sections using the same analysis data I already have right?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 11, 2016 at 12:56:15 am

No. You have to split the clip in a different application. You have to imp[ort separate clips into AE. I recommend one clip per AE project. And you can't save the analysis from the earlier attempt. Since it failed, there's little reason to keep it.

To give yourself the best chance of a successful solve, stick with ProRes. Just re-assemble the clips in an editing application.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Timothy Straight
on Mar 10, 2016 at 8:25:52 pm

I suppose you could also try using the standard "stabilize motion" feature and choose rotation as well. but I'm not sure if that will solve the problem since is file is reeeeally huge.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]