FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC15 - Can't Stop Rendering or Leave Program During Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hall
CC15 - Can't Stop Rendering or Leave Program During Render
on Mar 10, 2016 at 1:20:52 am

I'm using After Effects CC 2015.2 release (13.7.0.124). I haven't used it much until today, but have discovered with this new version I am unable to stop a render once it has started. After Effects switches from the Render Queue to the Composition window during a render and once this happens, I can't get back to the Render Queue window where I could previously stop a render. Is there a way to stop a render once it has started, or get back to the Render Queue window during a render? Perhaps there's a setting I'm missing?

Another thing that happens during a render is I can not leave After Effects to go to another program while it is rendering. I used to be able to do other things during a render but AE seems to now take over the computer while rendering.

Does anyone have any insight on either of these issues? I have searched the forums but did not come across any posts with the search criteria I entered. I also looked through AE Preferences and the only thing I could find that seemed like it might be related was the "Video preview during render queue output" in the Video Preview section. Unchecking this did not change the problems.

Mac Pro Late 2013, Yosemite 10.10.5, 32GB RAM, 3.5GHz 6-core Xeon E5, Dual AMD FirePro D700

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: CC15 - Can't Stop Rendering or Leave Program During Render
on Mar 10, 2016 at 5:09:34 pm

Your OS might be the culprit. I don't think the most up to date AE version works well with Yosemite.

If you don't HAVE to use the latest and (supposedly) greatest, I'd do the job in AE CC 2014 until Adobe gets its big software rewrite issues sorted out. There's no telling when that may be.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike Hall
on Mar 10, 2016 at 7:49:44 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if Yosemite could have anything to do with it. I may try upgrading to El Capitan and see if it works any differently (after making an image of my current system, of course).

Mike

Return to posts index

John Schaub
on Jul 27, 2016 at 8:53:53 pm

I am having this issue too. The Render Queue moves to the background as soon as I start a render and will not come back. You also can't cancel it, and you can't tell that it is finished either. It is very annoying. Yes moving the tab works but this IS a BUG and should be fixed asap. It's been broken for months. Between this and the ram preview bugs, I am starting to rethink that monthly payment.

Return to posts index

Mike Hall
on Mar 15, 2016 at 2:07:02 am

I wanted to give an update on this problem. I upgraded the system to El Capitan and the problem with the system freezing during the render went away.

The only issue I still had was the render queue window would go into the background behind the composition window when I started a render, so I couldn't get to the render queue during the render to stop or pause it. The fix here was to put the render queue in a location that was not behind the comp window. Once I did this I could get to the controls to stop or pause a render like before.

Thanks for your help, Dave!

Mike

Return to posts index

Pedro Von Blitz
on Apr 10, 2016 at 1:50:32 am

I'm having the exact same issue. I just update to CC15 (on El Capitan) and now when I render it auto switches back to the Comp window. I can stop the render with ESC, but I want to see the render details as I output. I'll try moving the window as you described Mike, but still very frustrating. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Eddy Elliott
on Jun 8, 2016 at 3:37:56 pm

Same problem here! I thought I was the only one. Thanks for the advice Mike, I'll try moving the render queue window before rendering next time!

Return to posts index

Gabriel Netto
on Feb 24, 2017 at 5:21:24 pm

Same here!
Sierra 10.12.1.
after CC
This is horrible!
had to do a quick export and forgot one missing layer... I have to wait till it finishes to re-export... imagine if it had 3D...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]