FORUMS: list search recent posts

Primatte keyer? RAM issues? Composition disappear?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam avilla
Primatte keyer? RAM issues? Composition disappear?
on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:37:34 pm

Hello,

I'm having trouble diagnosing my problem... which hasn't created a standstill but has slowed my process to a crawl.

I am doing some keying with Primatte. The footage is 4k, shot on an FS700. The keys aren't great, which I'm dealing with "okay".

The major problem seems to be a RAM issue. This is my machine...

I've found some forums discussing AE's RAM and have updated my 'Memory' preferences. It recognizes the 32 RAM and I have tried to max AE's usage of it, leaving my other programs to 3 (the only option I see in this section).

29 seems like it should be enough to do what I am doing... perhaps I am wrong. I've seen other articles saying that AE can only utilize is 4gb? Is that true?
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/memory-storage1.html
If so I'm not really sure what the Memory preferences even do.

How the problem manifests is I either get the reoccuring "RAM preview needs two or more frames" error, even though a whole section is selected. This error will persist until a restart.
The other problem, which is hard to screen shot, is that the composition preview will go blank as if rendering. The picture will come and go if I zoom out, but then will disappear if I move the mouse.

Sometimes clearing the cache and memory works... other times it takes a restart.

I pre-render a denoiser, so the footage I am keying doesnt have any effects on it that would bog down the machine. The footage is large, but with the only effect present, it seems like something my machine should be able to handle.

Anyone else having RAM issues, disappearing Comps, or issues with Primatte?

thanks!

Return to posts index

adam avilla
Re: Primatte keyer? RAM issues? Composition disappear?
on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:58:42 pm

I get this error as well...

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 3, 2016 at 8:27:25 pm

You're reserving too much memory. Your operating system also needs RAM to function.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 3, 2016 at 10:36:51 pm

... and if you run AE CC 2015, it can't use multiprocessing anyway.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

adam avilla
on Mar 6, 2016 at 9:54:46 pm

Interesting. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]