FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jpeg within Illustrator map shaking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Jpeg within Illustrator map shaking
on Mar 1, 2016 at 4:27:13 pm

In AFX CC, when I scale up a map in a simple map animation, there is a jpeg image within the map that's shaking. The map was created in Illustrator, and I placed one jpeg image within it, a logo that was hard to recreate in Illustrator, at least at my level of Illustrator expertise. It's that image that's shaking. When I first looked at it, I thought maybe I'd just learned you can't use a jpeg within a vector file you're going to scale up etc. But the strange thing is I did the same animation several times and in only one instance does this shaking occur. Does anyone know why? Any quick theories or advice on why this happened, or how to prevent it in the future, would be hugely appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Jpeg within Illustrator map shaking
on Mar 1, 2016 at 4:53:09 pm

Please describe "shaking" in greater detail.
Is it actually changing position at a high rate of speed? Are the edges moving? Has there been a degradation of the image's resolution?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Mar 1, 2016 at 5:21:00 pm

Sure Dave, thanks for the response. By shaking I mean this small jpeg image is visibly wiggling around within an otherwise stable map image. It's subtle and it doesn't change position much, but yes it's wiggling or moving back and forth a very small distance, almost like a bobble head or something but only moving a tiny amount. It doesn't seem to lose quality.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 1, 2016 at 6:42:28 pm

Even though Illustrator can accommodate bitmapped images, I don't like them in the documents. Too many things can go wrong. If it were my project, I would remove the bitmap image from the problem AI file, re-import it into AE, and use the original, imported bitmap image to reconstruct the bad, shaking animation.

If you're running AE CC 2015, y6ou might try this project in AE CC 2014... which you can get.

If you've got Creative Suite applications, I say just re-build the thing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Mar 1, 2016 at 7:59:53 pm

Thanks very much Dave. Just to make sure I understand your advice, you're saying I could pursue one of two options: importing the image separately into After Effects, instead of part of the Illustrator file, or actually re-drawing the logo in Illustrator? Just let me know if I misunderstood anything, thanks again. Also, I know this is an AE forum, but if you or anyone one else knows Illustrator well, or there easy ways to re-create a logo in Illustrator that don't involve a lot of work?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 1, 2016 at 9:55:23 pm

I agree with Dave. There's no place in an Illustrator file for bitmapped images (in my opinion) other than as reference images. I regularly receive logos and artwork from clients who drop a bitmap version of their art into Illustrator, thinking it turns it into vector art!

I think your problem will go away if you follow Dave's suggestion.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 1, 2016 at 10:36:11 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 1, 2016 at 11:35:05 pm

Delete the bitmap logo from the illustrator file. Import the revised illustrator file into AE. Import the bitmap logo separately from the illustrator file. Get the two to work together the way you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Mar 2, 2016 at 7:39:16 pm

Thanks very much Dave and Joe. This is a big help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]