FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bass shake?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannes Skoog
Bass shake?
on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:47:50 am

I'm wondering how to do bass shakes like the ones in this Vine: https://vine.co/v/ir5zpVlDvZv

Looks too good to be twitch, he must've done it it another way.

Answers are greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Bass shake?
on Feb 26, 2016 at 11:20:12 am

I do not see anything out of the ordinary here- simple Levels, Position and Rotation animation (may be a bit Scale as well), with a Motion Tile applied to make sure the edges do not show up (mirrored) and Motion Blur enabled. The rest is timing. The sprocket holes can be created in AI and then animated on top.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Hannes Skoog
on Feb 26, 2016 at 12:53:58 pm

I know all of those effects but I don't know how to combine them in such a good way, I'm not that experienced in After Effects after all. Do you know if there is any video that explains how to do it?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 26, 2016 at 1:27:59 pm

Old friend Google came up with this (a bit more complex than my suggestion but this gives you the option to sync to bass):

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Hannes Skoog
on Feb 26, 2016 at 1:30:28 pm

I've seen that video but that gives it more of a pump than a shake, not quite what I'm after.

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:06:27 pm

My advice: Just keep trying stuff till you get something you like. Animate position and rotation the same way as in that tutorial.

You could also use the wiggle expression (just google it if you don't know), but sometimes that gives weird looking shakes.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:08:11 pm

It is unlikely you will find a video showing precisely what you want to do. You will need to experiment in AE to get the look you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hannes Skoog
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:30:38 pm

Thanks for the advice, though when attempting to do this with Twitch I just discovered that when I apply Twitch on whatever layer the whole program doesn't respond for a while. After a while it responds but if you do any change in the program it all repeats, AE stops responding for a while.

Is this a known problem? I'm using AE 13.2 here.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:34:53 pm

If you don't have AE CC 2014 you can get it, open your current project file in it, and see if it works better.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Hannes Skoog
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:44:17 pm

Sorry, I ment AE CC 2014.2. The weird thing is, it worked just a few days ago...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:44:25 pm

What does THAT mean? That's a confusing remark.

Are you having problems with the software working properly? That's one thing.

Are you having problems finding the proper technique to use? That's another, very different thing.

Is it both? You have to tell us.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Hannes Skoog
on Feb 26, 2016 at 6:01:58 pm

I just found out how to make a nice bass shake, now I need help with After Effects not responding when using Twitch.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Feb 26, 2016 at 8:48:00 pm

Do you have the latest version of Twitch? I believe it was updated after the original CC was released a few years ago.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]