FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Particle Shockwave 3D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arox Thomas
Star Particle Shockwave 3D
on Feb 25, 2016 at 4:54:34 am

Hi Guys,

Iam brand new to this forum and i hope someone will help me to get the star particles to travel only in one axis.

Like a star shockwave coming onto the camera. I have checked almost all resources on the web. please help.

Thanks,
Arox

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Star Particle Shockwave 3D
on Feb 25, 2016 at 2:08:15 pm

As a starting point, have you tried the CC Star Burst effect?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Arox Thomas
on Feb 25, 2016 at 6:00:23 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response.
Yes, I've tried CC Star Burst but unfortunately i did not get what i was looking for..
This is what i want to make..

Only the particles flying as the shock wave. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,
Arox

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 25, 2016 at 7:00:03 pm

try cc particle world.

for the ring explosion, try setting the physics>Animation to 'jet sideways' to make the particles explode outwards in a disc-like pattern. and you'll probably want to set the particle type to 'faded sphere' and set the particle>transfer mode to 'add'.

you'll want to tweak velocity and extra in the physics settings, and set gravity to 0.

and in the article settings set the size and color properties.

then it's a matter of key framing the birthrate to produce a very high number of particles, then fairly abruptly go to 0, and you should start to get close.

you can create the spherical burst in a similar way, but set the physics>animation to 'explosive' (and gravity to 0).

also, enable motion blur for the layer and the preview to start to get streaks (you can also go into the comp settings>advanced tab and increase the shutter angle to increase the streak effect). adding an effect like echo, and setting the echo time to very low settings (try starting with -.01) and increasing the number of echoes will help to increase streak length.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Arox Thomas
on Feb 27, 2016 at 3:35:51 am

Hey Kevin!

Wow, that helped a lot ! I tried around with what you suggested and got the output, Much appreciated! You have saved me from sleepless nights!

Thank you Thank you,
Regards,
Arox Thomas

Return to posts index

Arox Thomas
on Feb 29, 2016 at 2:02:26 pm

Hey Kevin!

I've got one more question. I cannot get that perfect spherical particle explosion. My particles expand at different lengths and creates a non uniform sphere.
Please help!

Regards,
Arox Thomas

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 29, 2016 at 6:44:19 pm

a few things to try:
  • make sure the producer radius is 0 for all axis (this means all the particles will start from exactly the same point)
  • keyframe the birth rate start and stop over just a frame or two (like 500 particles for the first frame, then 0 on the next)
  • adding some resistance in the physics settings seems to help too

also setting the physics animation type from explosive to cone axis and increasing the 'extra' to 2 (or any multiple of 2) gives the system more sphere-like appearance, closure to your example.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]