FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screen Capture with recorded mouse position wanting to be used to influence camera movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Brigantino
Screen Capture with recorded mouse position wanting to be used to influence camera movement
on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:12:25 am

Hi,

I am using MiniMouseMacro to capture the x,y position of my mouse cursor relative to the resolution of my screen, 2560x1600.

In conjunction with that, I am capturing my screen using Open Broadcast Software which allows me to record demonstrations I share with photographers in Photoshop.

That recording, the footage of the screen capture, is then brought into After Effects, put into a composition and the layers 3D switch is turned on.

My intent is to provide a little richer visual experience than just flat footage playing through.

The idea is to take that mouse data, where I have the x,y coordinates recorded every 25ms, bring that into After Effects and have it be repurposed as a gentle influencer of movement to where the cameras is pointing, not to follow exactly and to feel like it is being tugged in the direction of the area where I am working in Photoshop.

The x,y coordinates can be broken out into an spreadsheet and further saved as a delimited text file.

Any suggestions or solutions would be thoroughly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,

Thomas

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Screen Capture with recorded mouse position wanting to be used to influence camera movement
on Feb 22, 2016 at 12:10:25 pm

If you copy some position keyframes and paste them into a plain text document, you'll see how they are formatted for AE. It's a very simple and straightforward format.

You can format the keyframe information in a spreadsheet application, copy it to a plain text document, add the additional lines that AE expects into the document and copy and paste the lot to a null's position. From there you can generate camera movement, add a smooth expression, etc.

25 ms per frame means 40 fps, so you'd want to make your comp fps that.

I've turned accelerometer input into 3D motion this way.

Return to posts index

Thomas Brigantino
Re: Screen Capture with recorded mouse position wanting to be used to influence camera movement
on Feb 22, 2016 at 12:44:15 pm

Kalle,

Good morning, thank you so very much for taking the time out to share that response and the conversion to fps.

It seems you have approached the matter, although, in-terms of applying it to the front facing of a camera...is it best to attach the camera to a null object or directly apply the coordinate information to the camera?

Thank you again for sharing that information.

Kindly,

Thomas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]