FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrix code effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Fisherman
Matrix code effect
on Feb 12, 2016 at 10:56:34 pm

So I was womdering, in order for someone to turn into the Matrix-like code, would you mask them out and then change the mask source to the footage of code running? If the footage had a black background and I turned it to screen to makemitmtransparent, of course.

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?"

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Matrix code effect
on Feb 12, 2016 at 11:36:54 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 13, 2016 at 12:23:06 am

What are you trying to do? Fill a person-shaped hole with the animation? Or make it look like the animation is running across all the bumps, wrinkles & contours on a person's body?

The first one -- shoot the person on chroma key. Make a matte out of the key. Use it as a track matte.

The second one -- get a video projector. Get a camera. Play the animation through the projector. Aim the projector at the person. Shoot the person with the camera.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Feb 13, 2016 at 1:11:07 am

Oh. Well, I was trying to fill a person's hole with the code. I thought you could just mask out the person and use it as a track matte, since I can't change into my costume and re shoot myself on the green screen.

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?"

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 13, 2016 at 5:56:57 am

This is why there is more than one person on effects shoots.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Feb 13, 2016 at 1:46:53 pm

Well, I'm on an incredibly low budget here, I'm not a professional editor for anybody, yet. So I don't have a team kf people working with me.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Feb 13, 2016 at 4:08:01 pm

This tutorial may also help you.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 13, 2016 at 3:40:52 pm

this should take about 5 min,
1. dl this
http://maltaannon.com/articles/after-effects/the-matrix-raining-code/
2. key this: (a person)
3. use ae's displacement map or different precomped track matte as (layer-the keyed person)
4. grab a lotte.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]