FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular: how can I make this water fountain look more realistic?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Baker
Trapcode Particular: how can I make this water fountain look more realistic?
on Feb 11, 2016 at 1:55:29 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cftsl4xersz9txd/fountain11feb.mp4?dl=0

I have added water to the fountain on the right, it's made up of 5 streams as separate layers.

It looks quite cartoonish and static at the moment. I want to have the streams move together in the wind slightly and I'd like to add some faint spray to help it resemble the one on the left a bit.

Are there any things I can do to make it sit better alongside the one on the left?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Trapcode Particular: how can I make this water fountain look more realistic?
on Feb 11, 2016 at 9:33:17 am

I would have never realized it wasn't real had you not pointed it out.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Trapcode Particular: how can I make this water fountain look more realistic?
on Feb 11, 2016 at 12:33:27 pm

It looks pretty good as is, but it needs to be softer and have some light modeling the volume. A secondary spray of smaller particles would help and a variation in emission/gravity would help.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Feb 11, 2016 at 3:29:07 pm

It looks pretty good. I'd add some blur and some randomness to the emitter force so it's not so static. Also, just to nit pick a little bit, your particles seem to be moving faster than the real water fountain. To correct this, you'll have to lower your gravity and decrease the emitter force, but just a little bit. Overall though, it's pretty good and unless it's up there for a long time or you tell people, almost nobody is going to notice it's fake as it is. I can only really tell on the zoomed in version.

Return to posts index

Sam Baker
on Feb 11, 2016 at 10:03:22 pm

Thanks for the tips.

Is it possible to have all the streams as one "entity" and would that be beneficial or not? It feels a bit trial and error having them all separate.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:21:54 pm

Oh thats easy, just take out the real one. lol...but i think they answered pretty through

Return to posts index

Sam Baker
on Feb 16, 2016 at 12:20:52 am

I'm having trouble doing some of these adjustments.

Changing the gravity or the velocity of the particles changes the size of the stream of water, not just the speed of the

Re: randomness to the emitter force... I've tried Velocity Random and Perodicity Rnd. Changing Velocity Random makes the stream lose its shape. Perodicity seems to change some of the smaller edge particles, doesn't make much difference.

I've tried the Aux System to add particles from the main particles. At the moment, they're all falling in vertical lines though rather than a large cluster.

Here's how it is at the moment:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl40img890yhi1c/FountainParticular.mp4?dl=0

Return to posts index

Sam Baker
on Feb 16, 2016 at 12:21:23 am

*not just the speed of the particles.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Feb 16, 2016 at 5:37:39 am

looks excellent now..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]