FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to 3D track and looking for a way to add image to plane from c4d comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Simpson
Unable to 3D track and looking for a way to add image to plane from c4d comp
on Feb 6, 2016 at 10:58:48 pm

I posted something similar in the c4d forum and have had no replies so I am thinking this might be more suited for the AE forum and anyone using Cineware.

I have built a scene in c4d where I have semi-transparent planes that I want text to sit on as the camera moves about the scene. The problem is that due to lights, transparency and other details, simply adding a text texture to the plane does not come out consistent visually as the camera moves. So I tried to bring the project into AE and use the 3D camera tracking to fix the images there but because there is so much movement, AE is unable to calculate. So now I am wondering if there is a way to use object buffers and Cineware to fix the text to the plane in AE. I have been watching tutorials and experimenting but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone direct me to where I can learn and execute this seemingly simple task? Here is the scene with the blank planes:

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Unable to 3D track and looking for a way to add image to plane from c4d comp
on Feb 7, 2016 at 4:31:16 pm

Not a Cineware solution, but how about tracking the corners and using corner pin to place the text. Even if you have to do the tracking manually, it is just four plates, so would take a couple of hours.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Unable to 3D track and looking for a way to add image to plane from c4d comp
on Feb 8, 2016 at 3:58:04 pm

You don't want to do tracking for this!
You can plop external compositing tags on objects in Cinema 4D and, when that C4D file comes into AE, there will be nulls in those spots (and the Cinema 4D camera) so that things work pretty seamlessly.

You don't need Cineware to do this though, you can just save an AEC file out of C4D that After Effects can import.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]