FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ray-traced 3D Composition Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Tycksen
Ray-traced 3D Composition Render
on Feb 3, 2016 at 11:30:07 pm

I built a composition in ray-traced 3D. I needed to make some image layers cylindrical, and it worked perfectly. However, when I went to render it, the image layers were flat and not 3D. How do I preserve the 3D when I render? I'm using CC 2015.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Ray-traced 3D Composition Render
on Feb 4, 2016 at 12:07:27 am

Having any problems with AE CC 2015? If not, consider yourself lucky.

Now the bad luck -- Adobe gave up on Ray Trace, and it has since been replaced with the more efficient C4D Lite, which will accomplish what you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike Sevigny
on Feb 4, 2016 at 12:32:09 am

You can try saving it as a previous version and installing that version from your cloud account. The Raytrace Engine goes all the way back to CS6.

Alternatively, CC Cylinder ships with AE and might do the trick. There's also BCC Cylinder which is not free. These options will render a LOT faster.

Mike Sevigny

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 4, 2016 at 11:28:53 am

[Dave LaRonde] "Now the bad luck -- Adobe gave up on Ray Trace, and it has since been replaced with the more efficient C4D Lite, which will accomplish what you want."

Adobe is still supporting the ray-tracing render. It's not the future of 3D in Ae [link], but I think it's fairer to say that Ae's ray tracer has been supplemented by C4D LITE, not replaced.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 4, 2016 at 11:21:32 am

What version of Ae CC 2015? Are you rendering via Adobe Media Encoder? If so, try rendering directly from Ae's render queue.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Spencer Tycksen
on Feb 4, 2016 at 2:57:34 pm

Thanks for the responses. I'm using AE CC 2015 Version 13.6.1.6. I have been rendering with media encoder. I prefer to render as an mp4 in H.264, and haven't found a way to do that from AE's render queue. But I will try rendering as a QT and see if that works.

Return to posts index

Spencer Tycksen
on Feb 5, 2016 at 9:11:44 pm

Hey Dave, Mike, and Walter,

I wanted to return and report. I was able to render the way I needed to by using the built in AE renderer instead of media encoder. I rendered as a .mov. That seemed to preserve the effects that I had created using ray-traced 3D. So thanks for all the help, you guys are life savers.

Regards,

Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]