FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preview won't render or play from current time indicator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Boknecht
Preview won't render or play from current time indicator
on Jan 22, 2016 at 3:32:58 pm

This is a little thing, but a big frustration - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get AE2015 to render or play previews from the current time marker. I've experienced this on multiple systems, and it doesn't matter what combination of preview tab settings I try. Can't find anything about it in the preferences, either. Preview ALWAYS renders and plays back from the beginning of a comp.

If anyone has figured out how to render and play back from the current time indicator, please tell me how you did it!

Just another thing Adobe's "fixed" that wasn't broken to begin with, and now our user experience is effected detrimentally. ThanksAdobe

Tim Boknecht
Media Producer
Bravo Productions

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
Re: Preview won't render or play from current time indicator
on Jan 22, 2016 at 4:58:42 pm

When doing a RAM preview, it begins playing from the beginning of the work area until the end of the work area. Just manage that to always be around the area your working on. I think they took out a way to play from the current time indicator, though I don't know why.

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
Re: Preview won't render or play from current time indicator
on Jan 22, 2016 at 11:52:24 pm

The only thing I know of is the "From current time" checkbox in the Preview pane. If you already tried that then make sure you submit a bug report, I've heard back on some and their fixes made it into CC2015!

I'm in CS6 and it works fine, not sure about CC though.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]