FORUMS: list search recent posts

Agent Dodge

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Fisherman
Agent Dodge
on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:53:34 am

Hi, so I was wondering what's an effective way to re-create the Agent Dodge effect from the Matrix? Perhaps use green screens and put them on top of each other, enable motion blur on the selected layers below the original base, and take a picture of the background? Or what if I can't have a green screen where I am shooting? A video tutorial would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Agent Dodge
on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:06:21 am

For those of us who haven't committed every scene of the Matrix series to memory....

....nor who can quote the entire list of characters in reverse-alphabetical order...

...perhaps you can locate a bit of video demonstrating what you mean.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Jan 15, 2016 at 1:13:26 pm

Sorry about that. Here:

Hipefully the link works.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:51:26 pm

Found this, about 27 minutes into the video, he starts breaking down the agent dodge, pretty good explanation.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:45:41 pm

A green screen where you are shooting would save you the issue of matching lighting. So with a locked down camera you would shoot the background plate(you could even shoot one agent position). Then you position green screen, shoot agent dodges, actor should stay in the same place(tape marks for feet). Then it's masking/composites and CC Force Motion Blur, Time > Echo Effect.

After Effects Agent Dodge Tutorial Search results

Haven't watched any of those tutorials, but you might find some valuable information there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Jan 16, 2016 at 2:02:01 am

Wow hilarious coincidence! I was just watching that video today and it totally saved my life, and made me feel stupid for not knowing this simple technique, being pretty advanced in motion graphics. Yes I have a green screen and I shot some test footage to create the effect well and it turned out pretty darn good! Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]