FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to prolong a scene?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Labu
How to prolong a scene?
on Jan 9, 2016 at 5:01:23 pm

Hi Creativers,

Apologies in advance if this is a newbie question ( which i am).

How do you prolong a composition?

For example, a Comp is set at 5 seconds, i did a CTRL-K and extend it to 10 seconds. But when i go to the main comp, the whole video does not extend the extra 5 seconds.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to prolong a scene?
on Jan 9, 2016 at 11:49:28 pm

Yup, that's a newbie Q. You don't have enough video to fill the time you want. Do you want the motion in the shot to slow down by one-third? If not, you need to have a longer shot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Labu
on Jan 10, 2016 at 12:50:45 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying.. Maybe i am not precise enough with my question.

OK, i purchase a template but i want to extend a comp scene together with the effects on tat comp.
I did a CTRL-K and extend it by 5 seconds, but the whole comp which has 5 smaller comps in it, is still in 30 seconds default comp. If i extend the main comp by itself, it only extend the end of the video..

Hope you understand.. thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 10, 2016 at 2:03:11 am

Thanks for the clarification. You could be in for a good deal of work. Here's why:

Templates are notoriously complicated. There can be comps within comps within comps. Depending on what you're doing, and how the project is laid out, you may have to alter the times of nested comps. You may have to lengthen the time of layers. You may have to move keyframes. And if they contain expressions, you may have to edit them. Do you know Javascript?

But let's start simply. Make a comp that's the length you need. Add the main comp of the project to it. Now enable time remapping on that nested layer. By creating time remapping keyframes at key points, you can then judiciously stretch them out to make the former main comp longer.

It's not easy to do for a newbie. Furthermore, it may not work. No one has any way of knowing.

There's a reason why people sell templates -- if they were simple, anyone could make them, and no one could make a buck off them. So they're generally complicated.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]