FORUMS: list search recent posts

What would you call these certain effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jillian Ducato
What would you call these certain effects?
on Jan 6, 2016 at 8:33:07 pm

Looking for tutorials or advice these effects from this zedd video -
I tried youtubing around but it always seem people call effects different things

1 - :08 - This does look like an overlay but I could be wrong

2 - 3:04 -3:07

3 - 3:09 - that broken glass type of look

4 - 3:28

Also any fun tutorials that you could think of to use for club video would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying a couple new things with a client

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: What would you call these certain effects?
on Jan 7, 2016 at 8:21:21 am

There are several things going on.
There are several layers of animated 3d elements that could be created with Plexus or a 3d app and then composited on top of the video over the singer/dancers/disco ball using low opacity and maybe different transfer modes (overlay, screen...).
Video glitch - a good tutorial:

This following tutorial can be used to create the broken glass reflection look

There are several others used, Echo Effect to create the video feedback look, a Kaleidoscope filter (or made using something like in this tutorial:

Trapcode Mir may have been used as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved