Peo Fogelstrom
Spiral expression + camera
on Jan 1, 2016 at 11:11:01 pm

Hiya,

Having some issues with a premade expression for a spiral as seen below;

shrink=time+1
radius=1000
angle=time*10
x=radius*Math.cos(degreesToRadians(angle))
y=radius*Math.sin(degreesToRadians(angle))
//z=0 // no depth
z=time*10 // with depth
centre=[640,360,0]
add(centre,[x,y,z])

I want to use the spiral for my motion path for the camera. Everything works fine in it's own comp when trying it out but if I create a new light in my main comp with the expression the light/emitter is going off-track from the spiral as seen below;

http://imgur.com/Sc51CfN

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Spiral expression + camera
on Jan 2, 2016 at 8:47:31 am

By itself it should work just fine. What other layers do you have in the comp? Are some of them precomped?

Return to posts index

Peo Fogelstrom
on Jan 2, 2016 at 9:02:30 am

https://imgur.com/QSyN6mD

These are all the layers.
Pre-comp layers contain images with their own adjustment layers and Holomatrix effect, nothing more.

I guess I also could make a circular mask, make a Null to follow path and pair camera to it's position for X+Z and increase Y over time to get about the same result.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 2, 2016 at 4:52:35 pm

Yeah, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Does it make any difference if you turn off all other layers but the emitter (light), camera and particular? I made a comp like that and particular was correctly following the light.

Return to posts index

Peo Fogelstrom
on Jan 2, 2016 at 6:46:20 pm

No difference.

However I copied everything from my Main comp over to the test-comp for the spiral for expression-edition visualisation and the light/emitter moves fine. Guess I'll just continue my work in that comp instead then.

Return to posts index

Peo Fogelstrom
on Jan 2, 2016 at 8:00:33 pm

Found out what caused it to go off-track. Got a world transformation of 90 degress on X on particular set up to get the spiral actually going upwards.

How would I go about correcting this? Might be useful to know in the future as well but for now I could turn everything else 90 degrees.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 3, 2016 at 4:11:56 pm

Ok, that would certainly cause this issue.

Two ways to avoid the problem:

1) Switch the y and z in the expression so that you get the motion along the correct axis or

2) Rotate the camera 90 degrees around the point of interest instead of the Particular World

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]