FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a "match frame" transition between 2 unmatched frame.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuang Jun
How to make a "match frame" transition between 2 unmatched frame.
on Dec 30, 2015 at 6:42:58 am

Hi guys,

My name is JK, I'm facing a serious technical difficulties, and this is my first time posting here.

As you can see from the 2 pictures I uploaded, the location, the PD and the angles of the pictures are not match. However, the client wants to make a match-angle transition from the bar to the home. What I mean is that, the devices don't move, but the background changed. Not sure how I can make this based on the footage I have. Any idea?

I'm using After Effects CC, window platform.

Best,

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How to make a "match frame" transition between 2 unmatched frame.
on Dec 30, 2015 at 9:21:52 am

Depending on the length and complexity of the first piece of footage I would probably replace the entire device with the one from the second piece of footage. Then you could do it pretty seamlessly with animated color adjustments for the device.

I'd ask the client if this sounds like an acceptable solution before spending time on it.

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
on Dec 30, 2015 at 9:25:39 am

The device looks like a fairly basic box. Could you try recreating it with 3D layers, then have it move from the first position to the second while the background fades?

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

Kuang Jun
on Dec 30, 2015 at 3:03:32 pm

You mean using something like Element 3D to create a virtual object?

Return to posts index

Kuang Jun
on Dec 30, 2015 at 3:05:46 pm

animate color is easy for me. But... how can I replace the device from 2nd one? the footage isn't moving, but the color of table are different, and angles are different.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 30, 2015 at 6:29:24 pm

I mean take out the device from the first footage altogether (make a clean plate in Photoshop). Then cut out the device from the second piece of footage and put it into the the first one. Then they will match up perfectly when you zoom from one to the other. You'll just have to fade the background from one to the next. Probably something more creative than just a plain opacity fade: maybe a burn film type of effect, like a track matte with soft fractal noise.

Return to posts index

Kuang Jun
on Dec 30, 2015 at 6:33:41 pm

I'll try that. Thank you for advice. I made suggestions about different effects, the client wants none of them. I gues I will just have to think about something else. Thank you again.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 30, 2015 at 6:59:22 pm

Not to speak ill of a client -- why, I'd NEVER do that -- but does this guy have any stinkin' clue of what he's talking about?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kuang Jun
on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:02:57 pm

I don't think so, they never thought it in pre-production, and they suddenly had an idea during the editing.......

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:11:44 pm

Ah, the old, "we'll fix it in post" thought process!

Never mind that fixing it in post takes more time and costs more money than thinking it through and getting it right the first time.

I wish you luck with these guys. You'll need it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kuang Jun
on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:13:01 pm

Thank you

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 31, 2015 at 5:03:04 pm

Sign...the real suggestion is if he wants it like that, go back and shoot one or both of the setups correctly so you can create the shot he wants. I'm pretty sure I've had that guy as my client too at least 6 times a year.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kuang Jun
on Dec 31, 2015 at 5:25:36 pm

Dude, are you the gentleman who fixed something frame by frame for him? He was talking about they had to cut out some frames in between a continuous footage, somebody fixed frame by frame for him.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]