FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Problem - Particles sucked into a central point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Constable
Particular Problem - Particles sucked into a central point
on Dec 21, 2015 at 9:53:20 am

Hi. I have a scene. Starts off red we pull the camera back to show its a red dot surrounded by lots of landmark buildings, buses etc..

After a second or so the buildings are sucked into the red dot, one after the next, the first five or six are slower (so we can see them clearly getting absorbed by the dot) then it quickly speeds up and all the buildings are sucked into the dot. Leaving just the dot.

The foreground buildings I thought - do by hand key-framing, but the hundreds of others, do using Particular, so they have some sort of reverse explosion that seem to suck them into the dot.

I set up a particle system with random still sprites and some nice random rotation, but I cant work out how to get the sprite particles to get sucked into the dot, also not all at once but staggered - this animation would need to last 3 seconds or so, so they need to be reappearing initially and then after 3 secs, they are all sucked up, leaving the dot on its own.

Any thoughts on this, - some sort of staggered reverse explosion? using physics?

Is Particluar a good route to take!?

I have now spent a few hours on this and very stuck!

Thanks in adv,

Eugene

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Particular Problem - Particles sucked into a central point
on Dec 21, 2015 at 3:17:41 pm

I think your approach to do this in several layers on top of a particle system(s) is good. You can use a spherical field with negative strength to suck elements into a point.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Chris Dryer
on Dec 25, 2015 at 1:37:30 am

I am pretty new, but I had a problem where I can't reverse things in Particular, so in my case I exported the video, then I reversed it. I would think for what you have to do,... ummm... maybe make the frame rate really high in the comp, export the video, and then speed up the footage after?

Or otherwise maybe Trapcode Echospace could help? it controls multiple layers and off-sets them. depending on what you are doing, of course,...

If that is a dumb idea, I dunno... i am still new at this stuff...

Return to posts index

Chris Dryer
on Dec 26, 2015 at 8:14:26 pm

or possibly Singularity in Reg Giant's Universe. I think it is free at least to try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]