FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to rotate letters

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matīss Pērkons
How to rotate letters
on Dec 16, 2015 at 2:29:26 am

Hello,

Could someone, please, give me an advice how to rotate text letters alone around their axes, like in this Star Wars trailer, those Force Awakens letters.

Starting 2:04

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to rotate letters
on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:31:51 am

Text animators, then enable per character 3D. You may have to adjust the anchor points, but then just rotate y axis.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matīss Pērkons
on Dec 16, 2015 at 1:36:08 pm

Thank You, John!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 16, 2015 at 2:10:06 pm

That was a pretty quick explanation I gave you, if you have more questions, fire away.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chris Top
on May 20, 2016 at 1:03:48 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to get this to work. The alignment is off on mine. So the left side rotates before the right side. I'm guessing this is due to anchor points. Can't work out how to change this?

Return to posts index

Chris Top
on May 20, 2016 at 3:38:09 pm

Anyone help as I'm struggling to get this to work. I have followed instructions. I seem to be getting a wave effect of the text rotating. I'm guessing its due to the anchor points. Not sure how to change this?

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on May 20, 2016 at 4:16:56 pm

create new project.
throw in a normal text aaaaaaaaaaaaa

make it 3d layer.

go to text transformation properties , find the one that turns the text around , and press animate button and move the timeline frame by frame til your done easy way

Return to posts index

Chris Top
on May 22, 2016 at 10:55:17 am

Thanks. Will try this at work on Monday. I'm still learning after effects so sorry if this is basic stuff. Will this turn letter by letter? This seems to be what I'm doing at the moment but all seems to be off sync (not happening at the same time)

Return to posts index

Chris Top
on May 23, 2016 at 1:52:39 pm

Also guys the only way we can get the effect to happen is use a camera which seems to get the perspective correct on the effect rotating the letters. Otherwise it's out of sync

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]