Magnify Effect is blurry on shape layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herbert Muller
Magnify Effect is blurry on shape layer
on Dec 15, 2015 at 11:36:41 am

Hello,

So here is my problem:

I have an adjustment layer wit a magnifying effect (value 150) on top of a precomp. The precomp is entirely made of shape layers inside of AE
and has continuously rasterize enabled. Still the magnifying effect causes the image to be blurry and pixelated.

I did try to scale the everything inside the precomp up by 3 and then scale it down inside the magnify comp again to fit... didn't work either.

found this thread https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1030353#1030401

Unfortunately the solution is hidden

Herbie if you are out there, help another Herb or anyone else please. This is driving me crazeyyyy

using After Effects CC15 if that helps

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Magnify Effect is blurry on shape layer
on Dec 15, 2015 at 5:27:55 pm

Make the precomp AND the shape layers larger than they need to be. In your case, the precomp and the shpe layers need to be 50% larger than they need to be. Scale this precomp down in the main comp. Then use the adjustment layer.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Herbert Muller
on Dec 17, 2015 at 10:09:34 am

Thanks Dave that was exactly my approach. I linked all the shape layers to a null and scaled up 300% + made the comp 5760x3240. Then scaled down to 33% in the main comp... still same outcome, even when I prerenderd. Used the buldge in the end, which seemed to work better. Maybe its a software problem with CC15....?

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on Dec 17, 2015 at 3:02:44 pm
Last Edited By Ivan Myles on Dec 17, 2015 at 3:09:16 pm

Generate high resolution objects in the high resolution precomp instead of scaling up 300%.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]