FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Freeze Effectt

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Fisherman
Time Freeze Effectt
on Dec 13, 2015 at 2:16:17 am

So just watched the Matrix, and saw the 360 time freeze effect. Problem? I only have one DSLR. So is there a cheap way to achieve a similar effect? Like moving the camera around on a tripod at a certain shutter speed? Anything? Plz I'm doing a project on the Matrix related things so I need a way to do something like this. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Esteves
Re: Time Freeze Effectt
on Dec 13, 2015 at 9:51:15 am

Unfortunately, I think you're out of luck. It's not possible to achieve this look without a time-splice rig (a bunch of cameras). If it's for a paid gig, hire a rig out and use it for the stuff you need.

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on Dec 13, 2015 at 2:35:29 pm

There have been several rather successful "single camera" time slice techniques. They range from a rig that moves the camera around (while the actors remain frozen), to complicated post techniques where you cut a still images into layers and manipulate them in AE.

None of them can achieve exactly what a multi-camera rig can achieve, but you can get very convincing results, trading production/post-production time for cost.

Try youtube or even big-G with "time slice," "time freeze," or "bullet time with one camera."

Jim
Colorburst Video

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 14, 2015 at 4:14:16 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:26:58 pm

A 360-degree Bullet Time move? And because you have only one camera, you want to know how to do it with just one camera?

I've got a little 4-cylinder Honda Fit. I want to drive just as fast as they do at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Can you tell me how I can do that without buying any extra parts for my car?

That's what you're asking. Get a grip, pal.
Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:30:48 pm

What about me slowly doing the scene with the camera moving around me and motion tracking green screen footage of a bullet traveling across the screen at a certain angle to me and the footage will stick to me while the bullet in the footage will move across me?....kinda get what I'm saying?

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on Dec 16, 2015 at 1:43:27 pm

Instead of shooting "green screen footage of a bullet traveling across the screen" you could just 3D animate a still image of the bullet, then add the air-turbulence typically seen with slo-mo projectiles.

Jim
Colorburst Video

Return to posts index

Paul Fisherman
on Dec 17, 2015 at 7:32:35 pm

How do you animate a still image? If it's still, then enabling the 3D toggle probably won't make it look that great...

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on Dec 18, 2015 at 11:41:12 pm

Paul,

I was referring to moving an image of just a bullet around in the comp to simulate a bullet traveling across the screen. So put the bullet on one side of the comp, set a keyframe, then move the bullet to the other side and set another keyframe. Or put a 3D bullet on a 3D layer and move it in three dimensions.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]