FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any ideas how to create this animated background?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Constable
Any ideas how to create this animated background?
on Dec 12, 2015 at 11:30:45 am

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-2831170-stock-footage-ultra-music-fe...

Hi,

Creating a title sequence for a friend's short film. It's been shot in film, anamorphic so I need to create a fresh version.

I understand how to create the masked shapes that are flashing on and off, so thats ok.

But.. how can I create the coloured light bars, using a similar pallette, to those in the above clip?

And also do the cycling colours?

Should I be working in 32bpc to achieve this look?

Thanks in adv!

Eugene

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Any ideas how to create this animated background?
on Dec 14, 2015 at 4:30:45 am

Cripes, you could work in 8-bit for that stuff. As for the colors, you could just make chips of the colrs you want, make it a guide layer, then turn it on & off as desired.
It's not exactly automatic to make an animation like this. You could make the black outlines as masks, then move masked solids around using hold keyframes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Josh Gordon
on Mar 15, 2016 at 5:41:32 pm

In order to see multiple colors on a layer you need to first apply a texture. I struggled with this for a while, the following really helped me, there are some really useful techniques and tips here. https://goo.gl/xWZpdg

Return to posts index

criis daw
on Mar 16, 2016 at 10:55:00 am

One approach might be:

On a solid layer apply a gradient layer stlyle (gradient overly > colors > edit gradient) and make all the stripes this way.

I would then experiment with various colors adjusting effects. Colorama can be lots of fun and might be what you are looking for....

Return to posts index

criis daw
on Mar 16, 2016 at 10:54:58 am

I jus realised this was bumped form months ago..Did josh gordon really mean to post the link above ???

Return to posts index

Eugene Constable
on Mar 21, 2016 at 8:21:56 pm

Thanks for the input, this post is a few months old now, but I do still need to get it done so this is still heplful to me!

I'll try the layer style route, combined w Colorama. not sure quite how to cycle through the colours, but I need to play with it for a while to see how it works.

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]