FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to do this effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawid Raźny
How to do this effect?
on Dec 11, 2015 at 3:42:48 pm

Hello there everybody!

I am into creating video clips , i am working on one just right now and i found pretty cool effect i really want to use but i don't know how to do it... Can you help me?
Let's take it to the basic. This video here :

has this cool effect with light blinking or shining, i don't know how to call it. You can clearly see it on 0:43 for example. Just look at this building.
Thank you for help! Hope you guys figure out something!

Return to posts index

Evan Worsham
Re: How to do this effect?
on Dec 11, 2015 at 3:58:51 pm

Cool video! what effect are you talking about exactly? theres a lot going on in the vid.

Return to posts index

Dawid Raźny
on Dec 11, 2015 at 4:50:58 pm

Yeeea it does! This is one of the best video clips i have ever seen!

Can you notice this blinking light on this building in 0:42? It's like flashing or something

Return to posts index

Casey Culver
on Dec 11, 2015 at 6:45:39 pm

Hey Dawid. As far as what's happening on the buildings and lights throughout, there's a number of ways to achieve that glow effect. I've got the FxFactory set of plugins that has a number of glow and bloom effects that could achieve that. You'd just need to set up keyframes so that the glow intensifies on the beat.

If you didn't want to use any third party plugins, you could try a combination of box or gaussian blurs with a curve and/or exposure increase to increase the luminance. And then you'd need to create a feathered mask so that the entire image isn't blurred. And then of course you'd need to keyframe the effect so that it's more intense on the beat. Or you could just duplicate the layer that has the mask on it and keyframe the opacity - that might be quicker than keyframing all the other effects.. This would take considerably more time than buying a third party glow effect plugin..

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Dec 11, 2015 at 8:29:27 pm

A quick and dirty way to do this is duplicate your footage layer, change the top layer to add, add a fast blur at about 40 Blurriness (or whatever looks best to you), and then either keyframe or use a wiggle expression on the opacity of that layer.

You can also use a plugin like Twitch to get more control of the effect.

Return to posts index

Dawid Raźny
on Dec 11, 2015 at 10:35:56 pm

Thank you Daniel for your advice!

I was trying to do it with twtich but it doesn't give actually the same effect. Maybe i use bad setting.. dunno..
Any way thank you i will try this again!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 12, 2015 at 6:51:19 am

The main effect is a glow effect driven by audio-to-keyframes.

Return to posts index

Dawid Raźny
on Dec 18, 2015 at 4:46:45 pm

That's it! Thank you :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]