FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuously Rasterize

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Platt
Continuously Rasterize
on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:46:31 pm

I have a question related to Continuously Rasterize. I just rigged a character by assigning a null layer to a puppet pin via an expression. After I animated/keyframed the character, I brought it over to the main comp and noticed that the character was not sharp. Then I realized I forgot to set "Continuously Rasterize" as on in the character precomp. However, when I went back to the rigged character and the original layers with the puppet pins and set the "Continuously Rasterize" to on, it totally screwed up all of the animation.

So as not to have this happen again in the future, does anyone know of a way to make it so that the "Continuously Rasterize" is on by default? I know there may be cases when you wouldn't want this on, but I didn't realize what this could do to a rigged character via null layers.

I know an expression could turn it on but not without me having to still remember to input the expression on each layer, correct?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Continuously Rasterize
on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:52:01 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:53:10 pm

The Puppet Tool can be the ONLY thing applied to a layer. Nothing else.

You'll probably have to put all your pieces in separate nested comps, scale them up, apply Continuously Rasterize to the scaled layers IN THE NESTED COMPS, and then use the Puppet Tool on the nested comp layers in the main comp.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sean Platt
on Dec 10, 2015 at 11:51:14 pm

Thank you Dave. I did not realize you could not use Continuous Rasterize on a non precomp layer that uses puppet pins. Hard lesson to learn after rigging a complex character.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 11, 2015 at 12:41:26 am

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But the puppet tool is a bitmap effect. It only knows about pixels. It doesn't know what to do with vectors.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]