FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Presets for Similar Keylight compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Johnston
Making Presets for Similar Keylight compositions
on Nov 11, 2015 at 11:08:41 am

Hello!

I am working on a chromakey project that involves one actor, and has many scenes that are practically identical to each other. My keying process involves layers, masks, and Alpha Mattes using Keylight.

Most of my Keylight settings are animated because the actor moves through various different shades of green behind him, so I have to change the Screen Color, plus Clip Black/White and Shrink/Grow as he walks along his trajectory to keep the screen looking neat.

Since my actor moves in similar ways in most of the shots, Is there a way to make presets out of previous compositions that I have worked on so I don't have to build the entire composition again from scratch, other than manually copy/pasting effects and settings to the new compositions and then manually tweaking them?

A quick and user-friendly option is what I am looking for because I am only an intermediate user.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Making Presets for Similar Keylight compositions
on Nov 11, 2015 at 2:20:29 pm

You can duplicate a composition, then replace the footage within in. Select the footage in the timeline you wish to replace, then, while holding the Alt or Option key, drag an item from the project panel onto the selected layer in the timeline.

You could also save a bundle of effects and/or properties as animation presets:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/effects-animation-presets-overv...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Geoff Johnston
Re: Making Presets for Similar Keylight compositions
on Nov 11, 2015 at 4:03:10 pm

Thanks Walter! That's basically the kind of solution I was looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]