FORUMS: list search recent posts

Limitless Falling Letters Effect!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Haffenden
Limitless Falling Letters Effect!
on Nov 4, 2015 at 3:06:25 pm

Hi there,

I am looking to recreate the random falling text effect seen from 53 seconds in this clip.

I have trawled the internet for some answers and I know the basics of text animation however I can not figure out how to randomise the falling of the letters. I am not looking to recreate the 3D elements in this clip (i.e. the text landing on the table). I am guessing it is an expression that I need to use but all of the forum posts I have seen about this seem old and fairly confusing!

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated, or if someone could point me in a direction of a similar effect then I would be extremely greatful!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Limitless Falling Letters Effect!
on Nov 4, 2015 at 5:57:14 pm

I would use Trapcode Particular, put every character in a precomp. Then in the final comp use that precomp to generate my custom sprites. You can download a trail of Particular at Red Giant to see if it will work for your purposes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 4, 2015 at 6:59:09 pm

FYI - you could probably do it with the default Particle Playground, but that is a tough particle emitter to use. And if you try particular and you have some specific questions come back and we can work through it in more detail.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Michael Haffenden
on Nov 4, 2015 at 8:44:26 pm

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the info and for taking the time to reply!! I am downloading the trial now as I type so I will have a play around and get back to you!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Nov 5, 2015 at 12:56:34 am

you could get close with cc particle world too.

like particular, you 'd create a custom particle comp with all the letters (one frame for each letter), but make sure it's it a square comp

then in the main comp, you'd add cc particle world and set the particle to textured square or textured quad polygon and then from the texture property that shows up, select you letters comp and set the text sure time to birth.

then you just need to play with the producer settings to make them rain down...

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]