FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating text on then off the exact same way.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Stallings
Animating text on then off the exact same way.
on Nov 3, 2015 at 9:04:50 pm

Hi guys, i am wanting to animate some text. i am wanting to do like a typwriter effect but at the end i want it to animate off as well. for example if the words are "here is some text to animate" i want it to animate off starting with the word "here" so animate off the same way it goes on, starting with the very first letter on the sentence.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Wendt
Re: Animating text on then off the exact same way.
on Nov 3, 2015 at 9:31:44 pm

There is a typewriter preset in after effects. You can drag that onto your text layer twice, and then the second time set it to subtract instead of add.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Animating text on then off the exact same way.
on Nov 3, 2015 at 9:35:03 pm

there are a couple ways, but I thin i'd start with the typewriter preset, but delete the keyframes for the 'start' property of the range selector 9leaving the start value at 0).

then keyframe the 'offset' property from 0 to 100 to re-create the type-in effect.

then move to the point in the timeline to start the type-out, and set the offset to -100 and animate that to 0. that should have it type-out from the start of the text line.

to prevent the animation as the offset moves from 100 to -100, right-click the keyframe for 100 and choose 'toggle hold keyframe'. now it should hold at 100 until it hits the -100 keyframe.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]