FORUMS: list search recent posts

Huge Audio Problem: NO dialogue, only music in video clips in compositions (audio problem)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mel ruiz
Huge Audio Problem: NO dialogue, only music in video clips in compositions (audio problem)
on Oct 28, 2015 at 6:27:43 pm

I'm under a huge deadline. I was only worried about making my visuals/clips all animate nicely, and now that I've RAM previewed to check audio, I noticed that none of my clips have dialogue track. They're only playing the soundtrack from the movies.

I'm so confused. Can anyone please help? ASAP?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Huge Audio Problem: NO dialogue, only music in video clips in compositions (audio problem)
on Oct 28, 2015 at 8:19:51 pm

Without knowing any specifics, I recommend transcoding the problem clips to Quicktime movies in Photo JPEG, Prores 422, PNG or Animation codecs... and of course, make sure they transcode with the audio tracks.

I suspect you have muxed audio and that'll fix it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mel ruiz
Re: Huge Audio Problem: NO dialogue, only music in video clips in compositions (audio problem)
on Oct 29, 2015 at 3:26:12 am

Yes, I should have been more specific. I was panicing. : )

It was a lot like what happened when VLC was playing a movie and with whatever output was selected, the dialog sounded echo-y and very quiet. The files themselves were fine outside of AE. In premiere they were fine. I ended up exporting little clips of each movie in premiere and then importing those into AE.

Still, I'd love to know what might have caused that issue. I can provide more details, but I'm not sure what to say. Aside from:

I'm using AE 2014.2

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 29, 2015 at 4:52:21 am

Don't do audio work in AE.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 29, 2015 at 5:37:48 pm

Well, there is that, too. AE audio sucks. Yet some people insist on trying.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

mel ruiz
on Oct 29, 2015 at 5:41:53 pm

Alright smarty-pantses. I too am pretty bright. I get that it's not good with audio. But sometimes you gotta bring clips in. I only do it when absolutely necessary.

But your piddly comments aside, I was hoping to get to what might be causing this odd occurrence. Maybe someone out there knows something deeper than "don't use AE for audio?"

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 29, 2015 at 10:19:40 pm

Well, we don't know anything about the footage. We don't know the type of camera used to get the shots. We don't know if there were two mics involved or just one.

Lots of unexplained things preclude a definitive answer.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

mel ruiz
on Oct 29, 2015 at 10:24:37 pm

They are feature films that i downloaded. so no camera/number of mics.

They are mp4's. (I transcoded some from mkv to mp4/m4v) a couple of both didn't work (e.g., the dialog track was gone or very faint but music normal levels -- and by music i mean the score/music tracks that help comprise the audio tracks of the film)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:02:41 am

I still stick by what I wrote earlier -- transcode 'em.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]