FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to slow down previews in CC 2015?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Wilson
How to slow down previews in CC 2015?
on Oct 18, 2015 at 8:33:13 pm

I'm trying to slow down previews with audio to get some quick timing just right - I don't want to actually change the speed of the project, just to view it at, say, 15 fps instead of 30. I've seen in previous version that it could be changed in RAM preview settings, but of course RAM preview no longer exists.

Return to posts index

Saskamodie Jones
Re: How to slow down previews in CC 2015?
on Oct 18, 2015 at 10:55:54 pm

If you are in After Effects go to your "Preview" panel. Towards the bottom you should see options ( a drop-down menu) to change the frame rate from say "24" to "12" as well as an option to "skip frames"

Return to posts index

Rachel Wilson
on Oct 18, 2015 at 11:47:32 pm

Thank you! It was hidden and I didn't realize you had to resize the panel to see all options.

Return to posts index

Rachel Wilson
on Oct 19, 2015 at 12:03:25 am

Okay, related question (sorry, I'm a newbie!): when I do slow down the frame rate, my audio now plays significantly slower than my animation, which defeats what I was trying to do in the first place. The inverse happens when I speed up the frame rate: the audio plays noticeable faster so that it ends about halfway through the video. Any idea why they won't sync up?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 19, 2015 at 2:54:05 pm

Here's a shot in the dark: don't use compressed audio. Use wav or aiff audio. AE gets weird with compressed audio.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]