FORUMS: list search recent posts

You can change the keyframe icon colors to whatever you'd like in After Effects CC 2014, 2015 for OS X.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Eric Bowman
You can change the keyframe icon colors to whatever you'd like in After Effects CC 2014, 2015 for OS X.
on Oct 16, 2015 at 1:05:16 pm

I'm posting this here because Adobe removed my original discussion from their community site. I've since reposted so we'll see how long it lasts.

Here's the issue: With CC 2014 Adobe decided to change the color of the keyframe icons to a blue (some call it blue green) keyframe icon instead of the classic yellow/gold color. This is an issue for many people because it simply is not contrasted or apparent enough for you to see quickly what keyframes you have selected. The issue is even more troublesome for individuals with color blindness.

Solution: You can easily replace the icons found in a specific folder with any color you'd like. Here are the instructions...just be sure to BACKUP the default icon folder before trying this.

For those who want to try this, close AE CC 2015 (or AE CC 2014) and proceed:

1) Make a backup of the PNG folder found at: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/AfterFXLib.framework/Versions/A/Resources/png

2) Download my files here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71481/AE/YellowKeyframes.zip
This zip file contains PSDs and PNGs for ONLY the keyframe selected icons used in the timeline.

4) Copy all of the pngs from my zip file, and paste them into the png folder /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/AfterFXLib.framework/Versions/A/Resources/png

It will prompt you to replace existing files. If you have created a backup of the png files already, just replace all of the pngs.

5) Launch AE CC 2014 or AE CC 2015. Enjoy yellow keyframes.

Eric Bowman
AssemblyCreative.com
EricSBowman.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: You can change the keyframe icon colors to whatever you'd like in After Effects CC 2014, 2015 for OS X.
on Oct 16, 2015 at 5:04:25 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 16, 2015 at 5:05:40 pm

Pretty darn cool solution! How long do you think it would have taken a person from Adobe to do that? An afternoon, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Bowman
Re: You can change the keyframe icon colors to whatever you'd like in After Effects CC 2014, 2015 for OS X.
on Oct 17, 2015 at 3:27:47 pm

Yeah. I don't get it. I love after effects and I appreciate the new updates via Creative Cloud, but the excuses I kept hearing were making me skeptical. I'm not sure if my "solution" would work on Windows as well, but it's pretty darn easy to simply change out the PNG icons. I only wish I would have thought of this method after a month or so. I suffered with those ridiculous blue keyframes for a year or more before I figured it out.

Eric Bowman
AssemblyCreative.com
EricSBowman.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]