FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle World Trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Saintilien
Particle World Trouble
on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:42:04 pm

I have been playing with the settings for a while now, but am still arriving at an issue. Ideally i would like each particle instance to be offsetted (animation wise) with the rest. And also for some reason the particles are jumping.

Thanks!

https://osaintilien55-gmail.tinytake.com/sf/MzMwNjAwXzE5NDA2MDU

P.s forgot to show this in the video my particle source composition size is 500 * 500

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Particle World Trouble
on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:27:39 pm

I don't think there is a way to get a random time offset in CC Particle World. I think you would need to create multiple layers of the effect, with a different texture layer for each one with different start time animations.

Trapcodes Particular supports random start and looping capabilities for particles, and if you are really up for a challenge you might be able to do it with Particle Playground.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Oliver Saintilien
on Oct 9, 2015 at 4:03:23 am

Lol particle playground, so powerful but yet a mystery. To me at least. I appreciate the two cents. How about the skipping would you know why it is doing that?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 9, 2015 at 5:02:30 pm

Can't tell, it is only playing in real time for a couple of seconds. Sometimes the number of particles will just slow down the CPU/GPU to the point of skipping. Shouldn't since it looked like you had a RAM preview though.

Does it skip when you step through it frame by frame? If it doesn't I wouldn't worry too much then, probably just a playback problem that won't effect render.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]