FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can somebody identify this effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
Can somebody identify this effect?
on Oct 7, 2015 at 1:06:18 pm

First of all, hi. I`m in need to find out how they did this transition effect in this video. Anyone that can point me to the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the link to the YouTube video:

And the transition effect happens for the first time at 00:38 and then it just randomly happens throughout the video.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Can somebody identify this effect?
on Oct 7, 2015 at 2:26:54 pm

I see an animated soft-edged mask and blending in lighten mode.

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Oct 7, 2015 at 2:57:05 pm

I`m still trying to understand how are they to transit to another background without changing his position or facial expression.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 7, 2015 at 3:14:34 pm

I`m still trying to understand how are they to transit to another background without changing his position or facial expression.

Mostly, careful planning. He practices singing the song a bunch, they shoot one scene, figure out where he needs to be for the next scene, and set it up to match. Maybe the help of one of the Morph type of plugins

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Oct 7, 2015 at 3:19:14 pm

Thank you. And thanks a lot for pointing me to those plugins, they seem really interesting and powerful!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 7, 2015 at 3:25:22 pm

Meant to add, when he gets to the next scene, most likely their is a screen capture, monitor with the exact framing of the previous scene, to make matching work.

And by careful planning, mostly a lot of story boarding and having the right people, someone who's great at lighting and probably someone who can color correct really well too. Those are the biggest issues in pulling off this effect.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Oct 7, 2015 at 4:22:03 pm

To me it looks like (at least in most cases) it has been shot separately and there is a cut that has been concealed or minimized by placing it during a swift motion, as well as by placing the actor at the same exact location in the frame.

There are a couple that may have been done with green screen and swithcing the background and color grading, but I'd say most of them have been done by duplicating the motion and matching it up in post.

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Oct 7, 2015 at 6:00:02 pm

Try CC Image Wipe. It will let you transition based on another value such as luminance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]