FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Motion look - Acid Spray

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Davis
AE Motion look - Acid Spray
on Oct 5, 2015 at 12:14:16 pm

Hi guys this is my first creative cow post so hello everyone.

I am trying to make some motion graphics in after effects but having a few issues getting the look I want. Hopefully some of you guys can point me in the right direction to some tutorials plugins etc that I could use.

So what I am trying to achieve is a Red coloured Acid spray thats sprays at the camera then burns the glass of the camera lens.

So far I have used Mr Mercury plugin which is kind of giving me the effect I need.

What I need for the effect to look effective is for the spray to hit the camera glass then bubbles a bit has some smokey acid burns come off it. and then melt like slime slowly down the glass.

What I was thinking was Mr Mercury then add a CC glass to it.
Then time Remap the animation and use a track matt to ad the smokey wisps from some footage.

Then use the liquify to melt the image as if its slipping down the glass.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: AE Motion look - Acid Spray
on Oct 5, 2015 at 8:14:14 pm

That sounds like a pretty sensible approach. Possibly add some particles for the spray if your footage doesn't already have such.

Return to posts index

Chris Davis
on Oct 6, 2015 at 9:01:08 am

Thanks for your reply I was going to ad some particular as a finishing touch.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 5, 2015 at 8:17:22 pm

Y'know, I would be VERY tempted to shoot at least part of this as a practical effect to cut down on the AE work load.

I'd get a pane of glass, a black background with a little hole in it, and a can of white spray paint. Shoot the background with glass between it and the camera. Let 'er rip with the spray can.

A natural spray pattern. Natural trickles of white paint going down the glass. It's an instant animated matte which would be very helpful.

Okay, you might not get it on the first take, but I think it might work out in the long run.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Davis
on Oct 6, 2015 at 8:59:12 am

Yeah I was thinking the same but the visuals have to match a load of other animations which were all created for a previous project so this is not an option really. Thanks for you thoughts though really appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 6, 2015 at 4:33:47 pm

Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

I hate rooting around in other people's AE projects. You have to be both AE Practitioner and Mind Reader.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]