FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE script create a new composition from a sequence of images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tania Situm
AE script create a new composition from a sequence of images
on Oct 1, 2015 at 5:35:56 am

Hi everyone,

I am writing a script for a network rendering on multiple machines. Therefore, I need to write a script that would create an After Effects composition from a sequence of images (photoshop sequence which is imported back after rendering). I can do it manually by dragging my sequence to the "create a new composition" button or by right clicking on the sequence but I want to automate the hole process.

Would this be possible using After Effect scripting? I didn't find any information in the AE scripting guide...

Regards,

Tania Situm

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE script create a new composition from a sequence of images
on Oct 1, 2015 at 12:38:23 pm

If you change your post-render action to "Set as proxy," you can just add the the original comp to the render queue twice; once for the network render, then a second time for the image-sequence-to-movie stitching, with custom render settings where proxies are on.

I don't think you can create a new comp from the footage directly via scripting, but you can create a new empty comp with the correct settings for the image sequence, then add the image sequence to it.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Tania Situm
on Oct 5, 2015 at 9:05:10 am
Last Edited By Tania Situm on Oct 5, 2015 at 9:14:20 am

Thank you so much Walter, works perfectly for me!

However, I don't know if it's linked but I just noticed that my two rendering machines aren't really rendering as they're always "skipping" files. Now if I render my project with both of my rendering machines it takes the same time as if it was rendered by only one single machine (no network rendering). Is there any setting I forgot?

My computers specs:
Windows Edition - Windows Server 2012
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E-62666 v3 @ 2.90GHz 2.90GHz
RAM 15.0 GB
System 64bits

Thank you for your answer.

Tania SITUM

Return to posts index

Tania Situm
on Oct 7, 2015 at 4:03:14 am

Finally found what's wrong, in Preferences > Memory & Multiprocessing "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" option was ticked!

Tania SITUM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]