FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a blur to apply over footage in another video program.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Stilson
Exporting a blur to apply over footage in another video program.
on Sep 29, 2015 at 12:05:26 am

Hi all! I'm currently working on a project for a client where he want's a simple logo to appear at the beginning of videos he puts out on a daily basis. The logo was easy enough, but I want the background screen he puts the logo on to blur as the logo appears. My client isn't video editing savvy and would have no clue on how to blur the screen on his own so I wan't to export the motion logo file with a pre-defined layer that blurs the image behind it as it plays. I use After Effects and Premiere but he uses Vegas to do his work. Realistically, my goal is to make his job easier by being able to take these assets I give him and drop them on his footage without having to do any other work. Is there a way I can export his motion logo with the alpha channels and be able to have the blurring effect export with the footage? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Exporting a blur to apply over footage in another video program.
on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:23:40 am

[Carson Stilson] " Is there a way I can export his motion logo with the alpha channels and be able to have the blurring effect export with the footage? Thanks."

No. The blur has to be applied in the application that has access to the actual video.

Surely Sony Vegas has some kind of effects presets; maybe try the demo and build a blurring preset for your client?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]