FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to 'LOCK' my external monitor to show just specific comp/layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ori Kuper
Is there a way to 'LOCK' my external monitor to show just specific comp/layer?
on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:26:01 pm

Hello,
I know that I can lock frames inside panels in my workspace, while inside AE itself, but I wondered if I can specify to my AE to keep sending *Specific comp/layer* to the external preview at all times (until changed by me), while i'm working on different comps/layers in the software. Right now i'm switching back and forth just to see the changes in my main comp, but when doing roto on a show I wish I could see that 'main PGM' at all time...
Ideas?

Thanks,
Ori.

Return to posts index

John Lijo
Re: Is there a way to 'LOCK' my external monitor to show just specific comp/layer?
on Sep 28, 2015 at 1:31:10 pm

Hi Ori

Lock the comp and solo the layer you want to preview in the external monitor, click the >primary viewer button > in the bottom left corner of the Monitor window. It will always preview the comp you are locked unless you change it.Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi
I would like to introduce to you our company Studio Bluefish. We are a team of experienced Graphic, Stereoscopic 3D, VR (Oculus Rift Enabled) & Rotoscopy artists who can work in any challenging Roto /Paint / Keying,2d to 3D /Panoramic 3D-360 stitching task remotely. We have been closely working with Artist, Photographers, Advertising agencies and Film production companies.
Requesting you to please give us an opportunity to be part of your team, and I am very keen to initiate a relationship.
We are looking for studio to whom we can work with on regular basis for long term business relationship.
Looking forward for future work.

Return to posts index

Ori Kuper
Re: Is there a way to 'LOCK' my external monitor to show just specific comp/layer?
on Sep 29, 2015 at 3:45:18 am

Thanks John! Yes that definitely helps!!!
Now that brought me to one more Q:
After locking comp A and clicking on the 'show this comp on preview' button; when moving or adjusting things in comp B timeline, the locked A comp still shows on the external screen as I wanted. BUT whenever i'm PLAYING from comp B timeline (at least on regular play = space on the keyboard, not ram preview), yes the external screen still shows comp A preview as I wanted, but the playing head itself is shown running on comp A timeline, while I still would like it to show itself running on comp B timeline; that way I can compare a specific time on comp B timeline while it's playing, and still show the PREVIEW of comp A on my external viewer.
Note: the moment I STOP - the timeline comp that is shown is back to B. So the 'problem' is only while playing.
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]