FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAM Preview works but render doesn't

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quan Tran
RAM Preview works but render doesn't
on Sep 23, 2015 at 6:21:49 pm

Hi everyone,

So the problem happened when I tried to render my video in AE CS6. Everything works fine when I play it in RAM preview, however when I press render some part of the video just doesn't move. What I mean is the animation of that layer just completely disappears. What weird is with the same layer the animation later on is fine.

Can someone help me? I'm desperate.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: RAM Preview works but render doesn't
on Sep 23, 2015 at 7:03:11 pm

If nothing else, you can save the RAM preview as a file.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 23, 2015 at 8:17:32 pm

It sounds like you mistakenly set the layer in question as a Guide Layer -- they show up in the comp, but they don't render.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 25, 2015 at 10:33:43 am

[Quan Tran] "Everything works fine when I play it in RAM preview, however when I press render some part of the video just doesn't move. What I mean is the animation of that layer just completely disappears. What weird is with the same layer the animation later on is fine."

AE's default lossless output module generates an intermediate file that is designed for additional post-production use, not direct playback. These files are generally huge, with very high data rates, and very few computers can play them back in real time without stuttering. For more, see this Adobe FAQ [link]: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

To help you choose a more suitable format for your needs, see the related Adobe FAQ [link]: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]