FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low contrast highlight removal?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Knut Fol
Low contrast highlight removal?
on Sep 22, 2015 at 1:43:37 pm

Hi

Been reading for a long time and always found an answer to my inquiries here, but can't find any effective solutions for my problem:

Attached is a still from a sequence of which the glass with shadow rolls over the backdrop-overlap which, due to amateurish neglect, produces a severe highlight from the lightning. Camera tracks the glass. I would like to remove this highlighted line, but been struggling for hours upon hours with clone tool and animating, with absolutely unbearable results due to all the movement. Feel like it should be possible to animate a mask to follow line which somehow could calculate pixels, but hey! I could well be spoiled by all modern retouching craziness.

Image link:

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Low contrast highlight removal?
on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:08:42 pm

looks like effect shift channels, alpha as lightness then effect-levels, rgb black should serve well as an alpha matte to
color correct luma. or even cc wire remover.

im surprised that the clone tool failed. a simple offset track should have worked.

Return to posts index

Knut Fol
on Sep 23, 2015 at 10:00:17 am

Thanks

First off: My problem with the clone tool was that as mentioned, camera tracks the glass, the shadow cast from the glass is warping as the glass rolls and the refractions of the glass itself distorts the line in such a way that I, if I did it correctly, got too many slight shifts and changes within the clone-mask.

Then, to your alpha matte-approach, the goal is to isolate the highlighted line or have I misunderstood?

Kind regards

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 23, 2015 at 3:29:21 pm

This is definitely a case where reshooting is going to be at least 200 times faster than trying to remove it in AE.

Return to posts index

Knut Fol
on Sep 23, 2015 at 4:39:40 pm

Yes, no doubt

Its a getting-back-to-AE-task which slapped me in the face. Thought it would be a rather elementary fix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]