FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scale animation to text size.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Faithful
Scale animation to text size.
on Sep 15, 2015 at 1:56:38 pm

Hi guys,

I was hoping you could help me with scaling an animation horizontally depending on the text size of the text I have placed into it.

For a bit of clarity, I am trying to make a dynamic pop up to overlay in videos, the pop up will essentially show a piece of text. However, I also want this text to be quickly editable, and should the length of the text change, I want the animation to scale with it to fit the new, longer text within the boundaries of the pop up.

Is this something one can do in After Effects or would I need to export my composition to something like flash to be able to make it so dynamic?

Thanks for your help guys.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Scale animation to text size.
on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:05:26 pm

When you write "text size", do you mean the point size of the typeface, the number of characters entered, both, something different, or something additional.

Depending on the nature of the animation you envision, this could get pretty messy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Carl Faithful
on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:16:46 pm

Hi, I mean the amount of characters. All I want is as the character count increases, the animation background scales itself and its animation accordingly, and a few other flourishes of the popup move further away to allow for the new text size.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:36:49 pm

This should be of assistance:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/227/30362

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]