FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renting Out a High End AE Workstation with all the PlugIns - Questions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Andrews
Renting Out a High End AE Workstation with all the PlugIns - Questions
on Sep 4, 2015 at 10:56:42 am

I realize this may not be the correct forum for services offered, I am simply posting here because it pertains to AE and the Adobe Creative Suite...

Are there sites where you can rent out your workstations by the day or hour when they are idle for people who need access to high powered AE Builds with all the plugins?

While I have a number of standard systems (4770K Builds), My large system: a Dual E5-2697v2 / 128 GB Ram / 4 TB SSD Raid, and Titan Black GPU sits idle a lot of days. It has all the plugins, Trapcode, MB Suite, Keying Suite, Particular, Element 3D, etc.

Does a site/service exist where you can either post your system for rent, and have users access the system via RDP, or if not, any thoughts on whether a service like this would be marketable?

Ive had times personally where my AE project is so fx heavy, deadline approaching, etc... For folks on 4-8 Core Systems - jumping onto a 48 Core with 2 GB Ram per core for multiframe makes a huge speed difference. Working in Element 3D is a breeze at 4K even with DoF on. That sort of thing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Again not a Soliciation... As if I were to do this I would have to set everything up with proper admin rights/make sure everything runs correctly before even thinking of offering it for rent.

Thanks for your thoughts and input!

Martin

Return to posts index

Marc Nibor
Re: Renting Out a High End AE Workstation with all the PlugIns - Questions
on Sep 4, 2015 at 2:27:54 pm

Some additional thoughts...

Prior to advertising your service in public I would check the licenses.
I guess it all depends if a license is per machine or if it's licensed to a user etc. make sure if everything is in the green.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]