FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to create an effect of lines being drawn by fingers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dillon Smith
Trying to create an effect of lines being drawn by fingers?
on Sep 2, 2015 at 5:50:34 pm

I have a small clip I am working on for a music video. I am COMPLETELY new to AE and similar programs with only a few projects under my belt. I'm having a hard time researching the particular effect I am looking for because I have no idea what it would be called. So i've uploaded the clip to my Youtube channel in hopes that one of you can look at it and tell me which effect I need and possibly give me a small set of instructions if it isn't too much to ask.

Here's the clip: https://youtu.be/co5NLPJ4ndU

Here's what I want to do. At the 0:06 second mark he draws a TV with his fingers. I am trying to make it seem as if he is drawing a tv frame (Bold lines) that follow the timing of his fingers. After the lines are drawn I plan on adding a small "static" clip inside the square to complete the "tv". I have tried using the drawing tool to make a path and then using the stroke effect to follow the path. But I have had little luck so far. I hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bre Snitchler
Re: Trying to create an effect of lines being drawn by fingers?
on Sep 3, 2015 at 8:11:31 am

Couldn't click the link for some reason so I have no frame of reference.

I'm currently working on a project that requires a similar effect and I'm using the stroke effect. Is this not the look you're going for, or are you having issues applying the effect?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Trying to create an effect of lines being drawn by fingers?
on Sep 3, 2015 at 1:35:45 pm

You might want to mention that for people at work, they probably should turn the volume down on their computers as there is some NSFW language in that video.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]