FORUMS: list search recent posts

viewing camera in a HUGE 3-D working space?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
viewing camera in a HUGE 3-D working space?
on Sep 1, 2015 at 6:29:04 pm

I am working on an animation with X,Y, and Z axis. Some of the camera moves that I am working with span MAJOR areas of interest. For example in the current composition (which is at HD res), I am moving the camera from Z=-266 to z=-55000 over about 4 seconds.

I like the speed of the camera move and the images that I am using are high resolution enough to handle it. They are all 8K images.

However right now from the top or side views the camera is off of the screen. there isn't enough real estate to see the camera. I can of course manually enter values, but I like to play with the camera in the "3D" space to get a feel for the move.

Example of what I am talking about can be seen below:

FIRST KEY:
firstkey.jpg

SECOND KEY:
secondkey.jpg

Is there a way to adjust the scale of the viewing area, or something in order to accommodate bigger scales?

Thanks

Chapman

Return to posts index

matt chapman
Re: viewing camera in a HUGE 3-D working space?
on Sep 1, 2015 at 7:04:50 pm

I'd still like to know the answer to this, but was able to kinda work around it switching to a One-Node camera and using the "Track Camera" tools.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: viewing camera in a HUGE 3-D working space?
on Sep 2, 2015 at 8:12:25 am

You can zoom out of the other views in the same way you can zoom out of the perspective camera view, pushing the view close or further out with the "zoom camera" tool.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]