FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connecting lines in 3d space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitin Burli
Connecting lines in 3d space
on Sep 1, 2015 at 8:57:21 am

Hello,

So I'm working on a project that requires me to have a lot of layers in 3d space connected with lines. I've tried Beam, but it doesn't offer perspective and depth of field. Is there any plugin or software that would allow me the get the effect I'm looking for? Also, the camera is going to be moving in this 3d space and all lines need to be connected to their respective layers. I'm really breaking my head over this, any suggestion would be gold!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Connecting lines in 3d space
on Sep 1, 2015 at 10:44:14 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Sep 1, 2015 at 10:44:52 am

I would do this with Trapcode Particular, continuous emission of static particles with long life span, using a light used as emitter. You can control the line positions exactly, move your 3D camera and have depth of field.

Return to posts index

Nitin Burli
on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:55:16 pm

Hi Kalle,

Thank you for your response. I figured out a way with plexus. Your approach with particular sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot and see which one works out best for me. Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Sep 1, 2015 at 1:09:59 pm

Their is a plugin that does this, Plexus. And here's a tutorial showing how to manually do the effect. Not sure about DOF with plexus.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Nitin Burli
on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:58:18 pm

Hi John,

Thank you for your response! I tried plexus, it works great! It even offers DOF. It's just such a pain to manually connect the lines from null to null. Rather than a random streak I require the line to hit certain layers before it hits others. Anyhow I've been breaking my head over this and this is the closest that has come to achieving what I want.

Thanks a ton!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]