FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects 3D model / camera problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marius Mörders
After Effects 3D model / camera problem
on Aug 20, 2015 at 10:02:19 am

Hey folks,
I've got a really stupid problem and I can't find a solution somehow ...

I have created a 3D model from a text object in AE (to be precise I used the plugin Element 3D from video copilot) in a comp 1920x1200. Now I would like to render this particular frame 4x the size of the original, because I want to print it, and having only the screen resolution isn't enough for printing in my case.

Problem: Now I can use the settings of my comp camera to increase the zoom to get more level of detail, but as soon as I move the camera or move the 3D object, the perspective of the object changes, messing with my 3D effect.

here a short mockup to explain the problem:

http://www.mariusmoerders.de/ae-kamera-problem.jpg

a) that's the situation, my logo with the 3d effect in a comp by 1920x1200
b) that's how I imagine it to work out. I zoom in, render the thing in 4 parts and put the images together in Photoshop so I get a nice big image ready for printing.
c) but that's how it turns out. Due to the nature of the central perspective the vanishing lines of the 3D bevel effect always go in to the middle of the image, messing with my plan.

Is there a way of moving my whole scene without these vanishing lines to move as well?

Also, I can't simply make a comp with 3840x2400 px, I get a pop telling me my graphics card can't handle it and AE crashes.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you so much!

Best,
Marius

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects 3D model / camera problem
on Aug 20, 2015 at 1:32:09 pm

[Marius Mörders] "Problem: Now I can use the settings of my comp camera to increase the zoom to get more level of detail, but as soon as I move the camera or move the 3D object, the perspective of the object changes, messing with my 3D effect."

You cannot tile cameras in Ae. There is no workaround to this vanishing point issue that I can think of.

[Marius Mörders] "Also, I can't simply make a comp with 3840x2400 px, I get a pop telling me my graphics card can't handle it and AE crashes."

You might try reducing anti-aliasing to lower the memory requirements of your scene. Adjust Element's Supersampling and/or Multisampling properties.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Marius Mörders
Re: After Effects 3D model / camera problem
on Aug 20, 2015 at 6:54:33 pm

Hey,
thank you very much! I didn't know about this supersampling and multisampling thing. Now I can render the whole bigger than full HD without crashing AE, nice.

Again, thank you!

Best,
Marius

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]