FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repeater just stops?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Barnes
Repeater just stops?
on Jul 27, 2015 at 7:05:54 pm

Does anyone have any idea why a repeater would just stop rendering? I checked the obvious. Keyframes or expression on opacity . Layer not extending to the edge of the comp. I am at a complete loss. I thought it may be the number of copies but that doesn't seem to have any affect it just seems to stop rendering at some point around the 5 second mark. I used a repeater to create a 3D tunnel that reacts to the orientation and position of the center object.

If anyone wants to take a look at the project here is a link to the project https://goo.gl/uAwnFP

I just don't understand what could be causing the issue.

I am not bound by what is possible.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Repeater just stops?
on Jul 27, 2015 at 7:21:17 pm

Can't download it from this machine. Can we assume it's NOT an issue of a misadjusted Work Area?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Scott Barnes
on Jul 27, 2015 at 7:26:52 pm

The work area covers the entire duration of comp. Is there something else that you might be referring to when you say misadjusted?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 27, 2015 at 9:41:10 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 28, 2015 at 12:00:54 am

If comp duration = work area, it could be a bug if you're running AE CC 2015.
Adobe JUST announced the release of a bug fix. If you enjoy being on the bleeding edge, you could get it and tell people if the bug fix really fixes bugs.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Scott Barnes
on Jul 28, 2015 at 4:04:13 am

Well I didn't see anything in the bug fixes related to replicators so I wasn't hopeful but being the brave soul that I am. I updated. Alas my demon has not been slain and I must fight on. I am hoping that I am just doing something really stupid.

I have tried the project on two different machines both with the same result.

Can someone on 2015 and 2014 test this and see if they get the same behavior. I wanted to test my method to see if something was wrong with it so i just created a new project and comp 1920X1080 23.976 30s long . I then made a square no fill and a stroke of 20 pixels . I set a repeater on it then change the repeater transform to position to 0,0 and scale 75 percent. I then put a keyframe on copies and offset. Copies at 15 and offset at zero. I then go to the end of the timeline and copies at 155 and offset at -50. This is when I will now get an error. I think something is going on with the offset slider. All the error says is After Effects warning: Unknown Exception.

Am I miss using the Offset slider? I think the offset slider is what is causing the problem. I don't recall having issues like this before but I haven't used repeaters in a while.

Return to posts index

ryan kelly
on Jul 28, 2015 at 4:41:25 pm

I created a project as you described in CC 2014 (2014.2) and was able to play it fine without any error.

However, I took the same project file and opened it up in CC 2015 (2015.0.1 - updated today) and got an error as soon as I opened the project:

The project does play but stops when the offset value hits the -47.5 value. If i add a keyframe there and drag that to the end I can play the project without error.

So yes, it seems there's an issue with the offset parameter.

I got no errors in 2014, though.

-Ryan

Return to posts index

Scott Barnes
on Jul 28, 2015 at 6:30:57 pm

Thanks so much for confirming this for me. Okay guess it is time to download the older version of AfterEffects and put in a bug report to Adobe. Thanks Ryan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]