FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newb question about anchor and/or grouping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Sturgill
Newb question about anchor and/or grouping
on Jul 19, 2015 at 4:57:08 pm

Okay, I did a basic search but I'm not even sure what terms I should be looking up. I'm trying to teach myself motion graphics, and I'm having an issue with anchor points (I think).

Basically I have a circle that has a polygon shape on it. I have these both in the same layer. I'm trying to rotate the shape but instead what happens is instead of staying centered the polygon moves all around and the circle does too in a weird arc (due to the anchor point). I've tried using the pan behind tool to animate it with the bounce but it doesn't actually stick to the animation. It just messes everything else up.

Is there a good way to group these two shapes together? It only happens when I start the rotation, otherwise everything else is fine.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Newb question about anchor and/or grouping
on Jul 20, 2015 at 10:59:08 am

[Patrick Sturgill] "Basically I have a circle that has a polygon shape on it. I have these both in the same layer. "

Shape layers can get a little confusing, as the layer has a set of transform properties, and individual groups of shapes within a shape layer can have transforms (which are applied before the layer's transform is).

If you want to animate multiple shape objects independently, I'd recommend splitting them up onto two separate shape layers to minimize confusion later.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]