FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bring back RAM Preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Matthews
Bring back RAM Preview
on Jul 7, 2015 at 12:33:15 pm

Whatever you did to the preview function it is awful to say the least.

Even if I do actually get a preview to play, AE constantly hesitates and buffers and thinks and pauses and scratches its head wondering, "What happened to the good old days when my user could simply push '0' and get a nice clean preview? When the space bar worked in conjunction with the '0'? When preview actually WORKED????"

Whatever you changed...CHANGE IT BACK...THIS IS NOT WORKING!!!!

Fred

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Bring back RAM Preview
on Jul 7, 2015 at 3:11:55 pm

You have two choices: learn how the new RAM Preview functions and change your techniques accordingly -- OR -- stick with AE CC 2014.

Considering all the bugs in the new version, the second option is a pretty darned good choice.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Fred Matthews
on Jul 7, 2015 at 4:48:06 pm

Unfortunately I have had to return to 2014 until the FIX comes out.

It's not that I don't know how the new Preview works...it's that it doesn't work near as well and as reliably as the 2014 version.

But, at least 2014 works...therefore...work continues.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 7, 2015 at 11:05:16 pm

From what I'm reading, it's tough to tell whether misbehaving previews in 2015 are a result of user inexperience or a bug.

A lousy state of affairs.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Himanshu Baishya
on Jul 9, 2015 at 10:56:35 am

Yup.. same here

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 8, 2015 at 5:16:21 pm

There are a number of known bugs that mess up previewing in CC 2015. This page from the AE team blog [link] talks about known issues and which ones are on track to be fixed in the update that's meant to come out later this month.

These issues are part of the growing pains that come from the AE team rewriting the core code of After Effects. This is the first step in the biggest change in AE's history - bigger than the switch to 64-bit in CS5! In this blog post [link] the AE team gives a hint of the direction they're going.

So, to answer your cry at the end of your post, no; they're not going to go back to the old way, but they will be fixing the new way and it will (hopefully) be a bajillion times better!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David Crowther
on Jul 8, 2015 at 9:39:15 pm

I had to copy one project into a brand new comp to fix the preview issues, it seems like it is buggy all round, but I wanted to play with the new character animation preview tool that loaded into AE 2015...

Not sure it was worth upgrading for that though, hope some fixes come out soon.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 9, 2015 at 6:04:54 pm

I think there are many, many more bugs to be discovered. It could be a while before Adobe finds 'em all....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]