FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Z axis control on screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Jenkins
No Z axis control on screen
on Jul 1, 2015 at 3:03:07 am

HELP PLEASE. I've lost the Z axis control for layers when using the mouse on screen to push layers around. I have X and Y but when i try to select the Z axis I get a small black dot behind the mouse arrow and it'll only allow the layer to move in 2D (side to side/ up and down. The only way I can move the layer in Z space is to use the layer controls in the timeline. I've looked everywhere and done a full settings and preference reset with no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm using AECC.

Cheers
Ryan.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: No Z axis control on screen
on Jul 1, 2015 at 3:39:18 am

If you're using AE CC 2015, go back to the Adobe web site, install AE CC 2014 and use it instead. The newest version is just too bug-ridden for novices to cope with.

Let people who use AE to make their livings be Adobe's free beta testers. Not you. After a fashion, AE CC 2015 will be sufficiently bug-free that it almost works as advertised, but it isn't even close at the moment.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ryan Jenkins
on Jul 1, 2015 at 3:55:08 am

thanks Dave, I'll try that.

cheers
Ryan.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 28, 2015 at 6:43:35 am

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes this: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ryan Jenkins
on Jul 28, 2015 at 11:25:58 am

Thanks.

cheers
Ryan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]