FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making an Audio Spectrum Switch Song's Automatically.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hearn
Making an Audio Spectrum Switch Song's Automatically.
on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:21:19 am
Last Edited By James Hearn on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:42:32 am

Hello all, I am currently working on a mix of about 14 songs (1hour) for youtube and I've become stuck with an issue that sounds simple to me, but I am not entirely sure if it's possible.

Is there a way for me to set my Audio Spectrum to automatically change the song it is reacting to?

What I mean is; I manually set the audio spectrum to follow "Audio Track 1" and it works perfectly. However as "Audio Track 1" ends and "Audio Track 2" fades in, my Audio spectrum is still set to follow "Audio Track 1" and thus it has no visuals. Is there a way for my Audio Spectrum to automatically switch from "Audio Track 1" to "Audio Track 2" during a mix so I can maintain visuals on the spectrum, or will I have to have a completely seperate spectrum layer for each individual audio track?

Thanks
James

Edit: One more thing, Is there a way to make text automatically change? For example, in my mix of 14 tracks, I would like to have a text box that shows the song name and obviously changes upon leaving one track and starting another.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Making an Audio Spectrum Switch Song's Automatically.
on Jun 17, 2015 at 12:58:15 pm

Just do all your audio work in a precomp, bring that into your main comp and use that as your audio source layer for the audio spectrum effect.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

James Hearn
Re: Making an Audio Spectrum Switch Song's Automatically.
on Jun 18, 2015 at 3:29:43 am

Sorry, kind of a noob at After Effects (Have only been using it for about 4 days), what do you mean by precomp?

I'm assuming you mean use a new comp to mix all of the music, fade in's, outs, etc and then render that composition into one audio file. Then put that single audio file of the mix into the comp with the audio spectrum.

If so, is there any particular render settings I should use for rendering music/audio on it's own. I've only ever rendered h264 videos in after effects.

Thanks for the reply,
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]