FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fizz effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christabel Nalangan
Fizz effect?
on Jun 9, 2015 at 9:44:11 pm


I'm relatively new to AE, but I was wondering what sort of effects are used to make the transition of objects for this GIF right here, where it sort of "fizzes" in/out:

I've tried replicating it with a built-in preset in the Twitch plugin from Video Copilot, but it doesn't appear to look close to that. Is it possible that a displacement map was used? Although I have no idea how to go from there but I heard a displacement map was used to distort images somehow.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Fizz effect?
on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:38:51 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:39:50 pm

I think you could get pretty close just using the effect Distort/Wave Warp. Also take a look at the preset "Bad TV 2 - old", it uses the wave warp and a blur that might be pretty close to what you are looking to do.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved